How can Manna & Associates, LLC file a lien for me?
Click here to file a lien and fill out our online form, or contact us
by phone 201-991-7111 and we will fax or email you a form to complete.

What is Manna & Associates, LLC’s Lien Filing Process?
Upon receipt of your completed REQUEST FOR FILING A MECHANIC’S LIEN form, Manna & Associates, LLC
will immediately begin working on your lien. In most instances, the lien preparation process takes
but a few hours and your lien is ready to be sent to the respective County Clerk’s Office. Sometimes
though, depending upon the type of property you are putting the lien on, it may take longer to find
the information we need. It is for this reason that we ask you check your form (in particular your dates
and lien amounts) for accuracy. Any changes and/or corrections Manna & Associates, LLC has to make once
we have completed the lien for you may result in additional fees . Should your lien get sent out to the County
prior to finding any mistakes and it needs to be released and re-done, you will be charged to file the release
of the erroneous document as well as for the new lien.

Once your lien is prepared, we will fax or email you a copy for your records. As is the case with most of our
client’s liens, we will sign and notarize the lien document on your behalf, acting as your agent. (By signing
Section C of the REQUEST FOR FILING A MECHANIC’S LIEN form, you have given us authorization to do so.) There
are some circumstances however, where you will be asked to sign and notarize your own lien. If this is the case,
we will let you know and we then ask that you fax or email us a copy once completed for our review before mailing
us back the original which we will then file with the clerk’s office. If we are signing as Agent, please note
that any documentation we may send you is for your records only and we are not requesting additional authorization
or approval to file your lien. The REQUEST FOR FILING A MECHANIC’S LIEN form is the only authorization necessary
for us to prepare, file and serve your lien for you.

If your lien is time sensitive and requires next day filing, you will be asked to supply us with your FED EX
Account number so your documents can be filed on time. If you do not have a FED EX Account, you will be charged an
additional $20 fee for each package.

If you would like to review all of our Terms & Conditions Click here

How can a lien be enforced?
A lien may be enforced by an action to foreclose.

How do I remove a lien?
A lien can be removed by faxing or emailing us a request form and we will perform this service for you.

What is a preliminary notice?
In Mechanic’s Lien law, a Preliminary Notice (also known as a Notice to Owner,
Materialmens Notice to Owner, Notice of Furnishing, Contractors/ subcontractors
Notice to Owner and others) is a notice sent by the contractor, subcontractor,
materialmen, suppliers or other parties to a construction project not to create a
Mechanic’s Lien but rather to establish a right to file a Mechanic’s Lien.
Many states do not allow the filing of a mechanic’s lien without claimants being
able to prove they first sent a Preliminary Notice. Contact our office and we will
be glad to inform you about your specific case.

What is Lien Tracking?
Different states have varying requirements on how the perfect or extend a Lien. Lien tracking
ensures that notifications are filed timely and that deadlines are met. We will file the
necessary documents for you and notify you if it is required to file any additional forms.

Do you file liens in other states?
We file liens in the northeast region but can refer you to another agency anywhere in
the country. Lien rates vary from state to state. Please call us for a quote.



How can Manna & Associates, LLC handle a collection matter for me?
Click here to go to the collections page to fill out our online form or contact us
by at 201-991-7111 and we will fax or email you a form to complete.

What are some of the steps I can take in order to protect myself in the future?
Whether you are a credit executive in a large company or a self employed owner of a
small business, you are aware that proper documentation is essential. Record all
conversations in a customer file and maintain copies of all correspondence in these
files. Record all legal names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
for anyone involved on your project. This will make it easier later to track down the
proper individuals for collection. You should always insist on a credit application and
if necessary a personal guarantee. Be sure to include your terms on the credit application,
the interest rate you charge for payments not made within terms and restitution for
professional fees if the balance remains outstanding.

What types of companies do you collect money for?
We assist all types of companies all across the United States, including contractors, subcontractors,
and material suppliers. In addition, we collect for attorney’s, accountants, landscapers, plumbers, heating
repairmen, trucking companies, etc.

If I filed my lien with another company, can I send it to Manna & Associates, LLC for collections?
Yes. We can handle your collections, mechanic’s liens or both. These are separate services performed by our
company. We can also extend or satisfy a lien that may have been filed by another agency or an attorney.



How can Manna & Associates, LLC file a bond claim for me?
Click here to file a bond claim or call us at 201-991-7111 and we will fax or e-mail you a form
to complete. If you have any questions you can contact us.

Do all projects have a Payment & Performance Bond?

Not all projects are bonded, however a number of companies leave large amounts of money on the
table because they do not know how to protect themselves on bonded projects.  We can help you file
a bond claim, and protect your receivables.  

With few exceptions, all Federal Public construction projects are covered by Payment and Performance Bonds
(“P&P Bonds”). A bond is an insurance policy generally taken out by the general contractor which assures
the owner of the project that the job will be completed as specified by the terms of the contract, and assures
the subcontractors and suppliers that they will be paid for the work they performed and/or supplied. However, just
like liens, bond claims have a number of requirements, including time limitations. Anyone wishing
to file a claim against the bond must adhere to such requirements. “P&P Bonds” can also be
issued on private projects. Generally, the owner of large projects request that a “P&P Bond” be
taken out by the general contractor.

Most Federal and State projects (public) are bonded, however
only some private projects are covered by a bond. It is always a good idea to ask if
the job is bonded and obtain the bond information at the beginning of the project.

When do I have to file a bond claim?
Federal projects are covered by what is called the “Miller Act” which gives you 90
days from your last date of performance or, if you are a supplier, from the last date of delivery.
All other bonds are covered by State statute and/or terms as outlined on the actual bond.
Consult with us early during your project if you intend on filing a claim.


How can I have Manna & Associates, LLC file a UCC-1 for me?
Contact us and we will provide you with the proper documents to complete.
Click here to learn about UCC filing.